With over 70 million users CashApp by Block (formerly Square) is a popular payment solution provider in the United States. CashApp allows you to send and receive money for things like splitting the bill for dinner or rent. Sending (or requesting) peer-to-peer payment transfers has become an easy way to pay and get paid.
In fact, with features like auto-reminders, bill-splitting, QR code scanners, etc, apps like CashApp offer people many ways to request, send, and track payments.
Since launching in 2013, CashApp’s popularity has gone up with U.S. users. Many Canadians often wonder if CashApp is available in Canada? CashApp is not available in Canada. However, there is another option for Canadians, Verto.
(Image credit: creditcards.com)
CashApp is a payment solutions provider that allows people to send and receive payment. CashApp is part of Square inc. People use CashApp for things like splitting bills, rent, and more.
CashApp is not available in Canada. In order to use CashApp, you need to be located in the United States. You will also need a U.S. phone number.
Yes! Canadians looking for payment services in Canada can use Verto – a Vancouver based payment solution. Verto securely links to Canadian banks and credit unions. It is a great solution for Canadians who are looking to pay and get paid, easily and securely.
Verto is more than just a 1:1 peer-to-peer payment tool. It also has features that support payment solutions for groups, service providers, and businesses alike.
Here are some reasons why Verto is a great payment solution for Canadians:
1. Zero Fees – Verto doesn’t charge any monthly fees or transaction fees
2. More Options – Flexible payment options, from bill splitting, scheduled/recurring payments, and QR codes
3. Secure – Best-in-class encryption protocols
4. Instant – With Verto, e-transfers move instantly
5. Quickly get started – signing up for a Verto account takes only a few minutes, no excruciatingly long sign up process! To send payments, all you need is someone’s phone number or $Verto tag
People in Canada use Verto for many different reasons. Sports league fees, social events, and selling on marketplaces are just some examples.
Below is a list of use cases; follow the links to get more information on each use case.
And so many more!